Emails not sending

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Milan Petrovic 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

thomasmuse
    Participant

If I do not use the SMTP set up the test email goes through but unfortunately we never receive the test emails (even checked in spam)

When I attempted to set up an SMTP – I tried a gmail account as well as a regular pop email account through 1and1.com. Unfortunately we can’t get that to work. How do we go about fixing it? I have tried every port and every setting.

Results
    An error occured:
    SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
    Setup
    PHPMailer Version: 5.2.14
    CharSet: UTF-8
    ContentType: text/plain
    Encoding: 8bit
    FromName: AaSys Group
    Sender:
    Mailer: smtp
    Host: smtp.1and1.com
    Port: 25
    SMTPSecure: tls
    SMTPAuth: 1
    Timeout: 300

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Milan Petrovic
    Keymaster

To work with the TLS/SSL servers, your server needs to have OpenSSL library installed for PHP there is a warning about that on the plugin settings page. What does it say about it?

Also, this message says that problem is with SMTP mailer, you should contact your hosting support to see what can be wrong, they are able to access logs related to SMTP relayer. In some cases, server is misconfigured to handle SMTP traffic, and if you attempt to use it on Localhost (WAMP or MAMP or similar), they are usually without the SMTP capabilities.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.