Simple-SMTP-Tools not working for Zoho or Custom SMTP

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Milan Petrovic 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

p8092040
    Participant

Hi,
    I just purchased this plugin at CodeCanyon and am not able to get it working.
    The plugin tells me: OpenSSL extension is loaded. You should be able to use SSL/TLS based SMTP servers.
    But when I click the Test Mail it displays:
    Please wait for the test to complete.

It just freezes there. I tried several SMTP server configurations.

Thanks for your help.
    Peter

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Milan Petrovic
    Keymaster

Hi,

The problem you describe look like the issue that happens on the front end due to some error after the test is made or during the test but ending in error. If there is an error, you need to check out the server PHP error log to get the errors so I can check it out, and see if it is related to my plugin or not.

This also an point to problem with JavaScript code and interferance with some other plugin (since the message doesn’t go away), and that can be seen in the browser debugger error console (for Chrome CTRL + I and click on Console tab).

Regards,
    Milan

p8092040
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.

Milan Petrovic
    Keymaster

I have already declined the refund (according to Envato policy), and I am prepared to help you with this, but I need errors log to determine what the problem is. You can contact your hosting support to ask for the error logs.

p8092040
    Participant

I can not do the technical stuff myself. A family member is providing assistance to install plugins into WordPress as a favor to me. Since your plugin did not work, and another plugin worked right away with the same SMTP info, we uninstalled your plugin.
    I asked my family member to help with the logs you requested but he is not willing to waste time on this, as we have a quick solution. I do not have fully managed hosting so have nobody to ask for assistance with your request.

Please honor the refund request. I will then post about my positive or negative experiences with your company’s fair support practices. I hope I can post good reviews about your support responsiveness and sense of fair play. Thank you.
    Peter

Milan Petrovic
    Keymaster

You need to submit refund request again, I will approve it.

p8092040
    Participant

Hi Milan,
    Ok, I will submit the refund request again.
    Thank you.

Do you do custom WP plugin development? I may have a WooCommerce feature request coming up.

Let me know if there is a specific place you would like me to post a positive comment about your responsive and quick support efforts.

Milan

Milan Petrovic
    Keymaster

Refund is accepted, but I have no idea when it will be processed (it depends on Envato).

Regards,
    Milan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.